Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kids will be kids!!

Re-enacting the hair cuts they gave each other!
Judd gave Jensen the "shag". Those layers weren't there before!
Cute and Sassy! Her hair cut now matches her attitude!
At least Jensen only took a few chops on Judd's hair.
New cut...Almost shaved! :)
Last Monday the kids were laying around on the couch until I told them it was time to get ready for the day. I called Jensen into my bathroom so I could fix her hair. The first comb through her hair I noticed some layers. As I got to looking more closely, I realized it was a really bad hair cut! I asked her who cut her hair and she replied "nobody." I asked her again and as she saw me tearing up, she said "Judd did it." I called for Judson to also come in my bathroom. As soon as he walked in, I realized that he too had a bad haircut! I asked him who cut his hair and he replied "Jensen." I asked them why they cut their hair and Jensen said "Mommy, we wanted to surprise you!" Well, they were right. I was definitely surprised! :) I asked them when they cut it assuming it had been sometime that morning, but they said they had done it the night before while I was at the church with Jackson. I was relieved that they didn't do that while under my care, but then couldn't wait to ask Jason why he didn't tell me. I called Jason at work and told him the story. He said they couldn't have done it because he even put both of them in the bath AND washed their hair! After talking to the kids more, I found out that they snuck into the house and grabbed the scissors and took them out to the treehouse in the back yard where their creativity began. Their daddy must have been extremely tired that night not to notice even while washing their hair! Judd is a boy and his hair will grow back fast. Jensen's hair on the other hand grows very slowly. I love her hair long, but she is undeniably cute with her new hair style. I have talked to my kids several times about not cutting theirs or anyone else's hair. But now I know that no matter how much you lecture your children, Kids will be Kids!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment